|Botanical Name :||Curcuma Zedoaria|
|English Name :||Zeodary Roots|
|Hindi Name :||Galangal Root / Jangli Haldi|
|Family Name :||Zingiberaceae (Ginger)|
India, Indonesia, Nepal.
There are two varieties of Zeodary Roots :-
First one is the short, round one is the variety classed as “Curcuma zedoaria”.
The long, thinner one is classed as “Curcuma zerumbet”.
• Zeodary Roots is a herbs and it is anti-inflammatory, its paste is used on inflammation, wounds, skin ailments and pain.
• The herb serves as a body stimulant and purifies blood.
• It is very effective in treating respiratory disorders, tones up uterus and works as an aphrodisiac agent.
• Zedoary improves digestion, improves liver condition and normalizes body temperature.
• The herb, when taken in powdered form, helps in regularizing menstruation.
Zedoary is a plant that underground stem (rhizome) is used to make medicine.
Traditional methods for preparing zedoary involve washing it with lots of water to remove most of the protein and water-soluble nutrients.
The rinsing is also supposed to remove a poison that is yet to be identified.
Zedoary is used for stomach pain, loss of appetite, indigestion, as a mosquito repellant, and many other conditions, but there is no good scientific evidence to support these uses.